Hello, my name is Sara Griffin and this is my 3rd year at OTMS. I am the Health/Office Para.A hot topic for this back-to-school year is the recent changes in immunization laws. Effective July 1, 2016, please note the following:
1. A parent or guardian must only submit a medical exemption once.
2. A parent or guardian must submit a non-medical exemption (personal or religious) each school year.
3. Exemption forms submitted to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) are no longer covered by the confidentiality provisions of the law.
4. Incoming 6th graders are required to have a Tdap vaccine prior to the start of school. They no longer have until age 13 to get this immunization.
5. Incoming kindergartners are required to have their final doses of DTaP, polio, MMR and varicella. They no longer have until age 7 to complete these immunizations.