To receive the benefit, families must either qualify automatically for free or reduced-price school meals through SNAP or other federal programs, OR have filled out a free or reduced-price school meal application through their school district before the end of August 2021.  If you still need to apply for free or reduced-priced meals with 27JSchools please choose the link below.  Summer 2021 P-EBT was federally approved for Colorado. More details on the 2021 Summer P-EBT benefit will be available by the end of September.


    Free and Reduced Meal Application


    What is P-EBT?

    The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program is a federal program created to provide additional funds for families to buy food when schools were closed or on a remote or hybrid learning model due to COVID-19. 

    • When schools were closed for the 2019-2020 school year, P-EBT benefits supported healthy and wholesome meals for 180,026 children who would typically have received free or reduced-price school meals last spring.
    • P-EBT funds may be available on a P-EBT or SNAP EBT card. You can learn more about eligible food purchases by clicking here.
    • Using P-EBT does NOT impact you or your child’s immigration status. The public charge rule does NOT apply to P-EBT funds.
    • You can use P-EBT funds and also get food from grab and go school meal sites.


    Who is eligible for P-EBT?

    A school-aged child may be eligible if these conditions are met: 

    • Attend a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) AND 
    • Are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school (see below) AND 
    • Attended a school with a "remote" or "hybrid" learning model for at least one month this school year; OR opted for remote learning by October 1, 2020 and continued learning remotely until at least March 31, 2021.

    How do I get P-EBT?

    • You will NOT need to apply for P-EBT through a separate application.
    • Your student must be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals and be enrolled in a National School Lunch Program (NSLP) participating school. Apply for the free or reduced-price school meal program before the end of the school year at your school or your online application site, or by visiting your district's Nutrition website for more information. If you aren’t sure if your child's school participates in the NSLP, you can check this list to find out. 
    • Benefits will begin to be issued in late May. 
    • Make sure your address is up-to-date at your child’s school as new P-EBT cards may be mailed to this address. Eligible families already participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) can expect to have P-EBT benefits automatically loaded on their current EBT card in late May.


    Click the link for more information:

    Frequently asked questions about P-EBT 



    Colorado P-EBT Support Center

    Contact the Colorado P-EBT Support Center by phone or email

    Phone: 1.800.536.5298

    Email: cdhs_pebtcolorado@state.co.us

    The Support Center is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

    and Saturday from 8 a.m. to Noon.






  • Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

    To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.