Community Week 2023
Community Week 2023 will be February 7 - 10.
Community Week is RRHS' annual week of giving and service. Each year, a local organization or cause is selected to channel the Empathy of our Raven Community.
This year, the Riverdale Animal Shelter has been selected as the recipient of our giving. Community members are encouraged to find ways throughout the week to give or serve the Riverdale Animal Shelter.
From the Riverdale Animal Shelter website...
"We are an open admissions shelter, meaning we take in homeless animals regardless of age, breed, health, temperament or lack of space. On average, we take in about 6,000 stray, surrendered and abandoned animals per year including dogs, cats, small mammals, birds and reptiles. We provide adoption services to find safe, happy homes for these pets and reunite lost pets with their families. We also provide low-cost vaccination and microchip clinics to help safeguard pets against illness or being lost forever.
We provide sheltering services for the cities of Brighton, Commerce City, Federal Heights, Northglenn, and Thornton, the towns of Bennett, Hudson, and Lochbuie, as well as Unincorporated Adams County."
At the end of the week, we will hold a pep assembly to celebrate the week's work and hand over our fundraising to the organization. Then we will dance the night away with our All Hearts Ball on Saturday!
Tuesday, 2.7 - Hit the Slopes Day
Wednesday, 2.8 - 90's Day
Thursday, 2.9 - Class Jersey Day (Freshmen, Avalanche Red; Sophomores: Nuggets Yellow; Juniors, Rockies Purple; Seniors, Broncos Blue; Staff, Raven Columbia Blue)
Friday, 2.10 - Color for Cause (orange)
Friday, 2.10 - Pep Assembly
The All Hearts Ball Valentine's Dance will happen on Saturday, February 11, 7-10pm, RRHS Gymnasium.
Date: Saturday, February 11
Location: RRHS Gymnasium (entrance through the South Doors)
Tickets: $10/pre-sale, $20/at-door; presale tickets will be sold during A & B lunch at the Box Office January 31 - February 10 AND on the 5-Star Students app.
Parking: park in the South Lot
In order to correctly process all requests and needs, deadlines will be held firm.
January 17 - February 3rd
Guest Passes must be submitted to the main office; February 3rd by 1pm (end of B Lunch) is the last day these will be accepted
Final Eligibility Pulled; no more than 2 days
January 31 - February 10
Tickets on pre-sale during A & B Lunches
Eligibility Appeals must be made by 1pm (end of B Lunch) on this day
Dance; No Guest Passes or Eligibility will be accepted at the door
All eligible students of Riverdale Ridge are allowed to attend the Homecoming Dance. Eligibility is defined by the criteria identified in the Raven Handbook.
RRHS school sponsored dances are open to all RRHS students with the exception of prom. Guests over the age of 14 (9th grade) and under the age of 21 are permitted with ADVANCED approval from school administration. Student IDs will be checked in order to gain admission into any Riverdale Ridge High School student activity or school dance.
In order to attend an RRHS dance, you are expected to have:
90% or better attendance from the beginning of Quarter 1 or Quarter 3 until the date of the dance.
No violations during the current school year of any of the RRHS/27J drug, alcohol, physical altercations, or weapons policies
- Final eligibility will be communicated to students in Advisory on January 27th
- Eligibility Appeals can be made using this form; appeals must be made by February 3rd, 1pm (end of B lunch)
- Eligibility will be verified when purchasing tickets during pre-sale
- Waivers or corrections to eligibility WILL NOT BE made for at-door purchases on the night of the dance
All guests who are not eligible students of Riverdale Ridge High School will need to complete an RRHS Event Guest Pass.
- RRHS Event Guest Pass can be picked up in the main office or be printed by clicking here
- Completed Forms with a copy of the guest’s current school ID or a copy of their driver’s license should be returned to the front desk by Friday, February 3rd, 1pm (end of B Lunch) for verification
- Students will be notified of their Guest Pass APPROVAL; once approved students bringing a guest will need to purchase their tickets in person at the box office.
- Completed forms will be checked when tickets are purchased during pre-sale
- Guests must arrive with host students for admittance
- All attendees must present ID at the door. Guests will also be checked for completed guest pass at door. No guest passes will be accepted at the door.
Students and/or their guests found to be in violation of dance guidelines will be removed from the dance venue and refunds will not be provided.
All guests are expected to abide by the rules and policies of Riverdale Ridge High School and 27j Schools. Raven Handbook
Once students leave, they may not re-enter the venue.