The 27J Teacher Evaluation Process is intended to do the following:
- Emphasize the process of improvement by involving teachers and administrators in generating descriptive feedback and in discussing teaching and learning.
- Produce a document that records the observations and discussions that teacher and administrator have been involved in over the course of the year, with a sign-off by the evaluator that the teacher should continue on the growth track.
- Increase joint accountability for the evaluation process.
- Enable supervisors to spend time in classrooms.
- Encourage teachers to be reflective about their teaching.
- Facilitate reflective, ongoing dialogue that includes, but is not limited to: feedback, conversations about instruction, planning and assessment, data collection.