**Free and Reduced Meal applications for the SY 2019-2020 will be available by the 3rd week of July 2019. Please check back in July to apply. A new application must be completed every school year, unless you receive a Direct Certification letterin the mail dated with the SY 2019-2020.**FREE and REDUCED Meal applications for the SY 2018-2019 are available.A new application must be completed every school year. For questions about the Free and Reduced application, call 303-655-2986.Please click the link below to apply online. Make sure you are using a desktop/laptop to apply. Using your cell phone or tablet will not accurately assist you in completing the application. Thank you!
School District 27J Nutrition Services Department can help families determine their eligibility for free or reduced price meals before school starts. The fastest and most convenient way to apply for Free and Reduced price meals is online. You may also obtain a Free and Reduced price meal application at the Nutrition Services Office or your children's school. If you believe that your student is eligible to receive their breakfast and lunches free or at a reduced price, please carefully read the instructions and complete an online application.
**Paper applications may take up to 10 business days to process from the day they are received in the Nutrition Services Office.**
Free and Reduced Application Tips:
- A new application must be completed every school year. (Unless you have received a Direct Certification Notice with the current school year dated on it.)
- DO NOT complete an application if you have recently received a Direct Certification Notice in the mail. These letters will be sent out starting the 3rd week of July 2018 and continuously throughout the school year. Please read the letter you received carefully, verify that it is for the 2018-2019 school year, and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact School District 27J Nutrition Services, 630 South 8th Avenue, Brighton, CO 80601, (303)655-2986 immediately.
- Complete only ONE application per family, even if you have children attending more than one school in the district.
- Your Free and Reduced meal information may be shared with the school district for the purpose of waiving school program fees that you might otherwise be required to pay. If you choose to share your Free and Reduced meal information with the school/district to waive eligible fees, you will need to complete the Disclosure Section of the Free and Reduced online application form or the information release form when submitting a paper application. This form must be filled out every school year. (Even if you have turned one in during previous school years.)
- For your convenience, School District 27J offers an Online Free and Reduced price meal application. You are encouraged to complete the online application instead of a paper application. The online application is the most convenient way to get a determination and is faster than a paper application. You will need each student’s ID number in order to complete the online application. Nutrition Services is unable to provide student ID numbers, please obtain your children's student ID number through the Infinite Campus portal or by contacting your children's school. Below in the Online Application Tips section, are step by step instructions for completing the online application. To apply online, please click the link near the top of the page. (Apply using your desktop/laptop computer only. Cell phones and tablets may not allow you to properly complete the application.)
Online Application Tips
- If your student is new or returning to the school district this year, the school must have them registered and active in Infinite Campus in order to locate them in the system.
- Student ID numbers that start with a "0", will need to be inputted into the system without the "0" (For example student ID number is 00123456, will need to be inputted as 123456).
- The system will not allow a family to submit an application for students that have already been approved through the Direct Certification process for the 2018-2019 school year. This means the student has already been approved.
- Your Free and Reduced meal information may be shared with the school for the purpose of waiving school program fees that you might otherwise be required to pay. If you choose to share your Free and Reduced meal information with the school/district to waive eligible school program fees, you will need to complete the disclosure section of the Free and Reduced online application form. These permissions must be renewed every school year. Please do not skip this last step.
- Important - Once you submit your online application you will need to click on DOWNLOAD DETERMINATION to view your approved meal status. The approval does not automatically get e-mailed to you.
Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.
To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.