Required Financial TransparencyPublic School Financial Transparency Act
(Commencing July 1, 2017)
School District 27J Financial Information
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
- District Adopted Budget - Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Quarterly Financial Statements (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Accounts Payable Check Registers (current and prior two years)
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements (current and prior two years)
- Investment, Performance Reports or Statements (current and prior two years)
- Individual School Site Financial Information (current and prior two years)
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
- Waivers Received
District Informational Summary
School District 27J educates more than 17,000 students in 23 different schools and have more than 1,500 employees. We serve students and families in the communities of Brighton, Commerce City, Thornton, a portion of the city of Aurora and we also encompass parts of Adams, Broomfield and Weld counties.
SD27J Demographic Breakdown
Native American: 0.27%
Native Hawaiian: 0.08%
Multiple Races: 3.4%
Our students also receive:
Free/Reduced Lunch: 37.8%
Special Education Services: 9.3%
Gifted Services: 3.4%
English Language Learner Services: 10.1%
School District 27J owns 333 acres of land, 19 school facilities, 37 modular classrooms and 20 support sites totaling more than 1.5 million square feet of building space with a current replacement value of over $327 million.
The annual School District 27J budget for 2015-16 is $124 million with 94 percent of the budgeted general fund recurring revenue allocated directly to schools or departments in direct support of schools.
Lori Schiek, Chief Financial Officer
Sue McKnight, Finance Director
Diane Trujillo, Budget Director
For more information please visit Colorado Department of Education School Finance Division
Please note that many of the files above are saved in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). Download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat to view these files.