Overland Trail Middle Renovation/Expansion Concept Plan
Project: Overland Trail Middle School Renovation/Expansion
Started: Spring 2018
Estimated Cost: $8.7 MillionArchitect: Studiotrope Architects
General Contractor: GE Johnson Construction
Overland Trail Construction News
Construction project scope at Overland Trail Middle School:
- New addition of 949-square-feet added on to the northeast side of the school.
- New windows. Remove 66 existing windows and put in new aluminum windows and shades.
- Lighting replacement with LED lights in hallways and gymnasiums and throughout school.
- Replace six existing heating, ventilation and air conditioning units including controls.
- Replace coils in the duct main for the HVAC equipment.
- Power/data upgrade in classrooms.
- Restroom renovation in three classroom wings.
- Entry security enhancement.
- New ceilings throughout school.
- New door hardware for all existing doorways.
- Remove HVAC units from gym and put them on the roof.
- Install a backup generator.
- New carpet installed throughout the school.
- New paint in hallways and classrooms.
Overland Trail Middle School site work:
- New outdoor basketball court.
- Create an outdoor learning space. This space will be shared by both schools.
- Put in a concrete pathway for student access to Brighton Boys and Girls Club.