At 27J Schools, we strive to empower our students to develop lifelong healthy habits and ensure that the environments that surround them at school provide and promote good health. Interested in becoming a healthy school? See below information on how to do so!
- Step 2: Get approval from your school's principal/staff.
- Step 3: Start a Healthy Schools Team at your school.
- Ideally, teams consist of at least 2-3 members. Reach out to counselors, PE teachers and health education staff--anyone whose is interested in the health of students at their schools is welcome and encouraged to join!
- Step 4: Fill out an assessment about health in your school.
- Once your team has been created, the Healthy Schools Coordinator will send you an assessment to fill out.
- Step 5: As a team, you will set up goals around creating healthy environments in your schools. Submit the goals to the Healthy Schools Coordinator, along with any funding requests.
- Step 6: Implement your goals with your school's Healthy Schools Team.
- Step 7: Measure your success as determined by the goals you set for your school. Reflect on what you were able to accomplish and lessons you learned during the process.
- Step 8: Celebrate your success and share with your school!