Dress Code Philosophy
Riverdale Ridge High School’s student dress code supports our desire to ensure a safe, inclusive, and productive learning environment for all members of our community. School is a place of learning and a place of work/business, thus all community members, staff as well as students, are expected to comply with our dress code.
Our dress code is founded on the following principles:
- Ensuring respect for self and being respectful of all members of our learning community
- All students and staff should understand that they are responsible for managing their own personal "distractions" without regulating individual students' clothing/self expression.
- All students should be able to dress appropriately for school and engage in the educational environment without fear of or actual unnecessary discipline or body shaming.
- Student dress code enforcement should not result in unnecessary barriers to school attendance.
- School staff should be trained and able to use student/body-positive language to explain the code and to address code violations.
- Teachers should focus on teaching without the additional and often uncomfortable burden of dress code enforcement.
- To ensure effective and equitable enforcement of this dress code, school staff shall enforce the dress code consistently and in a manner that does not reinforce or increase marginalization or oppression of any group.
- As members of the Raven learning community, we should represent RRHS with dignity and pride in our attire at all school sanctioned events, on and off our campus.
LINK to Dresscode: