Welcome School Health Assistants
Thank you for all you do!
Health services are provided to the Brighton School District 27J through consultation from Children’s Hospital Colorado and the School Health Program. The school nurse consultant functions as a liaison between Children’s Hospital, the community, and the school by providing training, delegation, and resources. The nurse consultant assists staff in 27J schools to provide the safest, evidence-based health care consultation within the school setting.
Each RN consultant covers several schools in the district and can be reached during school hours by cell phone.
Please see the list of RN's to determine which RN covers which school.
The health office in each school building is staffed with a health assistant who is employed by the district to assist students with daily health needs.
Services provided by the School Health Assistant include
• Organizes and runs the school health office
• Provide basic first aid
• Administer routine and emergency medications
• Work with RN Consultant and H/V team for hearing and vision screenings
• Maintain health information in infinite campus
• Monitor and documents immunization compliance of student body
• Notifies the RN of student health concerns or infectious diseases
• Maintains preschool documentation (office visits, screenings, immunizations and physicals)
• Maintains certification in CPR and First Aid; medication administration and performs health procedures as delegated
Services not provided by the School Health Assistant
• The health assistant cannot give medical opinions concerning students’ health
• The health office does not function as a clinic. If students need medical attention, parents will be advised to contact their health care provider
• The health office cannot give any medication to any child unless that child has permission for a particular medication from their healthcare provider and parent
• The health assistant cannot store or distribute medications for staff
|Jenny Albietz||BLARC, Brighton HS, Southeast Elementary, Landmark Academy and Foundationsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jessica Gabbert||Reunion Elementary, Second Creek Elementary, Turnberry Elementary, PVHS and Child Findemail@example.com|
|Kala Bennett||South, Quist MS, Innovations and Outcomes, TLC, and Riverdale Ridge HSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Emily Kramer||Prairie View MS, Henderson Elementary and Thimmig Elementaryemail@example.com|
|Carol Ingraham||Brantner Elementary, West Ridge Elementary and Overland Trail MSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Haley Houtchens||Pennock Elementary, Vikan MS and Stuart MSemail@example.com|
|Andria Redman||North Elementary, Northeast Elementary, Belle Creek Charter School, Bromley East Charter School, Eagle Ridge Academyfirstname.lastname@example.org|