Welcome School Health Assistants
Health services are provided to Brighton SD27J through consultation from Children’s Hospital Colorado and the School Health Program. The school nurse consultant functions as a liaison between Children’s Hospital Colorado, the community, and the school by providing training, delegation, supervision and resources. The nurse consultant assists staff in 27J schools to provide the safest, evidence-based health care consultation within the school setting.
Each RN consultant covers several schools in the district and can be reached during school hours by cell phone.
Please see the list of RN's to determine which RN covers which school.
The health office in each school building is staffed with a health assistant who is employed by the district to assist students with daily health needs.
Services provided by the School Health Assistant include
• Organizes and runs the school health office
• Provide basic first aid
• Administer routine and emergency medications
• Work with RN Consultant and H/V team for hearing and vision screenings
• Maintain health information in infinite campus
• Monitor and documents immunization compliance of student body
• Notifies the RN of student health concerns or infectious diseases
• Maintains preschool documentation (office visits, screenings, immunizations and physicals)
• Maintains certification in CPR and First Aid; medication administration and performs health procedures as delegated
Services not provided by the School Health Assistant
• The health assistant cannot give medical opinions concerning students’ health
• The health office does not function as a clinic. If students need medical attention, parents will be advised to contact their health care provider
• The health office cannot give any medication to any child unless that child has permission for a particular medication from their healthcare provider and parent
• The health assistant cannot store or distribute medications for staff
RN Consultants 2022-2023
|Jenny Albietz||Bright Beginnings, Brighton HS, Southeast Elementary, Landmark Academy at Reunion, Foundations Academyemail@example.com|
|Jessica Gabbert||Reunion Elementary PVHSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kala Bennett||Quist MS and Riverdale Ridge HSemail@example.com|
|Brittany Cook||Prairie View MS Henderson Elementary Thimmig Elementaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Elyse Keating||Brantner Elementary Overland Trail MS Innovations & Options Stuart MSemail@example.com|
|Andria Redman||Padilla Elementary, STEAD School, Belle Creek Charter School, Bromley East Charter School, Eagle Ridge Academyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leah Sisson||Turnberry Elementary, Northeast Elementary, South Elementary, Southlawn Elementary,||email@example.com|
|Erin Bluth||Second Creek Elementary, Pennock Elementary, Vikan MS, Child Findfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jacquelin Lalor||PVHS, Reunion, Westridgeemail@example.com|