School-Based Health Center (SBHC) Overview
On-Campus Health Care Now Open!
Get ready for excellent health care at school!
A School-Based Health Center (SBHC) for Brighton High School (BHS) students is now open. The health center provides the following health care services:
- Annual check-ups/ sports physicals
- Visits for sickness/ injury
- Confidential teen health services
- Health education on diet, exercise, alcohol/drug prevention, etc.
- Preventive dental care (such as screening, cleaning, sealants, etc.)
- Mental health counseling
- The health center will be open to BHS students during school hours.
- Student must complete an enrollment form to receive care. Return a completed and signed enrollment form to the school’s main office. Students under age 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the enrollment form; students 18 and older can sign the form themselves.
- Before enrolling, please read the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices: English | Español
- All BHS students can enroll in the SBHC, regardless of health insurance status, immigration status, or regular source of health care.
- The health center can serve as students’ primary care provider (PCP) or as an additional resource for students who have an outside provider.
- Medicaid, CHP+, and private insurance will be billed if possible, but there will be no charge for copays or deductibles. Insurance is not required for medical care.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process or the SBHC, please call 303-655-8924.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions about the new SBHC – FAQ’s | Preguntas Frecuentes del Centro de Salud Escolar
If you would like to help advise the SBHC as a parent or community member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about serving on the Community Advisory Committee.
In order to make the SBHC a reality, School District 27J is collaborating with the following organizations:
- Kids First Health Care provides health care services at the SBHC. Kids First Health Care established the first SBHC in Colorado in 1978 and currently operates eight pediatric clinics in Adams County. Kids First Health Care is committed to improving the health and well-being of infants, children, and youth.
- Salud Family Health Centers provides preventive dental services at the Brighton SBHC. Salud is a Federally Qualified Health Center operating 13 clinic locations and a mobile unit. Salud's mission is to provide a quality, integrated health care home to the communities they serve.
- Community Reach Center provides mental health counselling for patients at the SBHC. Community Reach Center is a mental health center that works to enhance the health of the community by providing mental health care and other health services at multiple sites throughout Adams County.
Thank you to the following organizations for providing generous funding to make the SBHC a reality!
- District 27J Unexpected Bond Earnings
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Platte Valley Medical Center
- The Colorado Health Foundation
- Rose Community Foundation
- CoBiz Financial Biz Bash
- Schlessman Family Foundation