2022-23 27J Middle School Athletic Seasons - Athletic Directors will meet over the summer to set the schedule. Please see last year's schedule below, as this year will be similar.
2021-22 27J Middle School Athletic Seasons
Sport/ Who can participate Season with First Practice First Game Game Days Football: 7th - 8th grade August 17th - October 6nd Sept 8th Wednesdays Girls Volleyball: 7th - 8th grade August 17th - October 4th August 31th Tuesdays/Thursdays Boys Basketball: 7th - 8th grade October 12th - December 9th October 26th Tuesdays/Thursdays Girls Basketball: 7th - 8th grade January 6th - February 24th January 20th Tuesdays/Thursdays Wrestling: 6th - 8th grade, coed January 25 - March 12th February 2nd Wednesdays/Fridays Soccer: 6th - 8th grade, boys & girls teams March 18 - May 12 April 7 Tuesdays/Thursdays Track: 6th - 8th grade, coed
March 18 - May 7
April 13 Wednesday/FridaysGreetings Quist Families,Thank you for your interest in Athletic Programing at Quist Middle School. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help families and athletes prepare for our upcoming seasons.
If you have any questions, please contact our Athletic Director, Mrs. Kate Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When/where is registration?
- Registration for each sport will open approximately 2 weeks before the first day of practice. Links will be available online.
- How much do seasons cost?
- As of last year, athletes are asked to pay $100 in-district ($195 out-of-district) per sport. Families who qualify for free/reduced lunch are charged $25.
- What equipment is required?
- This depends on each sport. The website will be updated during the registration period.
- What are the requirements to start practice?
- Please secure a current physical for your athlete. No practice or participation in contests can occur without one. Physicals are good for 364 calendar days from date of physical. All physicals need a statement from a health-care provider that states the student is cleared to participate in athletics.
- All fees/fines must be paid before athletes can participate in any contests or continue with the season.
- What about COVID? Factors around COVID are still evolving and we will follow mandates from appropriate government agencies to ensure athlete and coach safety.
- Which grades are eligible for which sports? 7th and 8th graders are eligible for all sports seasons. 6th graders can participate in wrestling in the winter and soccer or track in the spring.
- Are there tryouts? No, we offer participation to any and all athletes, regardless of skill level. That being said, our teams can be larger that other schools. Our coaches do their best to provide equal access to practice and contests.
- What about eligibility? Eligibility will be based on two different criteria - grades or RISE/ROAR. On Thursday of every week, eligibility will be pulled and determined by grades in classes. At this point, if a student has a Cs/1 D which is considered Not Yet proficient on learning targets in any class (meaning they have 5-7 pts in our Proficiency Grading System = See Grading in Student Handbook) they are encouraged to obtain an eligibility rubric from their coach. Eligibility rubrics allow students to rate themselves and conference with the teacher to determine if the student has demonstrated the learner behaviors needed to be a learner, even if their grade may not reflect that in the moment. Please see our Student Handbook for a digital copy of our Eligibility Rubric, which includes additional information.
- When/where is registration?