27J Education Foundation Classroom Grant Application
Please read directions and complete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Download the fillable PDF application
NOTE: You MUST save the file to your computer and then open the saved version to preserve and utilize the fillable functionality.
What is the 27J Education Foundation?
The mission of the 27J Education Foundation is to preserve, support, and improve the educational opportunities within the 27J community.
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
All full-time, 27J Schools educators.
How do I apply for assistance and what should be included in the application?
A completed application along with all required attachments must be submitted to the 27J Education Foundation to be considered for funding.
The 27J Education Foundation will not fund the same project in succeeding years. Schools/teachers may apply for multiple grants within the same year, but they must not be the same or similar. The Foundation will not fund school-wide projects.
27J Education Foundation WILL fund:
- Educational software
- Art supplies
- Lab materials and equipment
- Audio visual equipment
- Math manipulatives
27J Education Foundation WILL NOT fund:
- Uniforms and/or costumes
- School furnishings (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Staff salaries or per diems
- Transportation, food or lodging
- One-page description of proposed project, including how it will address the mission of the 27J Education Foundation to preserve, support, and improve the educational opportunities within the 27J community.
- Why is this project necessary? How will it benefit students?
- Describe, in detail, how materials will be used. Include a project outline or lesson plans.
- Project timeline. All approved projects must be completed by the end of the school-year. Extensions will be granted on a case by case basis after review by the Foundation board of directors.
- Project budget - including list of all materials and cost. Please include additional funding sources. A minimum of twenty-five percent (25%) of funding must come from a source other than the 27J Education Foundation. In-kind donations do not count towards the 25%.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must come from a principal or supervisor.
When is the application deadline and when will I be notified of approval?
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Grants will be reviewed at the 27J Education Foundation monthly board meeting that follows the submission date of your application. You will be notified within 15 business days of the meeting. The maximum amount per grant is $1,000.
Henderson Elementary - Kagan Structures
Northeast Elementary - Poster Time
Prairie View High - Thunder Splash
Second Creek Elementary - School Safe Radios
Westridge Elementary - Writers Workshop
North Elementary - Movie-Wonder
Northeast Elementary - Laminator
Second Creek Elementary - Inside Recess
South Elementary - Movie-Wonder