The mission of the 27J Education Foundation is to preserve, support and improve the educational opportunities within the community. The 27J Education Foundation provides opportunities for individuals and groups beyond what the school can offer. It is an expectation that all grant recipients use their experiences to enrich the community.
Who is eligible to request assistance?
Any 501(c)3 non-profit organization or school that serves within the 27J Schools community. Applicants are encouraged from the diversified segments of our population.
How do I apply for assistance and what information should be included with the application?
A completed application along with the required attachments must be submitted to the 27J Education Foundation for consideration via email. Those attachments include:
- One page description of the proposed project, including how you will address the mission of the 27J Education Foundation
- Timeline for completion of the project
- Complete budget. Since we do not completely fund a project, what are your additional funding sources?
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a teacher and one from a community member
When is the deadline for application submission?
- Fall: October 31st
- Spring: March 15th
What are the funding guidelines and criteria for consideration of funding?
- All grants must address the following: How does the grant support the mission of the 27J Education Foundation which is to preserve, support and improve the educational opportunities within the community by supporting and encouraging students, teachers and other community members so that they, in turn, can enrich others in the community?
- The 27J Education Foundation will not fund the same project in succeeding years. You may apply every other year. Each school or organization may only apply for one grant at each grant deadline.
Examples of funded grants:
- Joint musical productions between senior citizens and elementary students
- Science laboratory equipment
- Book bags to provide reading materials for parents and students to share at home
- Outdoor education and leadership activities
- Digital/document projector
- Elementary book authoring project
The 27J Education Foundation will not fund:
- Uniforms or costumes
- Furnishings that the school should provide (i.e. tables, bookcases, chair, desks, etc.)
- Individual enrichment trips
- Transportation, food or lodging
Download the fillable PDF application NOTE: You MUST save the file to your computer and then open the saved version to preserve and utilize the fillable functionality.
Henderson Elementary - Kagan Structures
Northeast Elementary - Poster Time
Prairie View High - Thunder Splash
Second Creek Elementary - School Safe Radios
Westridge Elementary - Writers Workshop
North Elementary - Movie-Wonder
Northeast Elementary - Laminator
Second Creek Elementary - Inside Recess
South Elementary - Movie-Wonder