About 27J - A Letter from the Superintendent
Dear Prospective 27J Employees,
I want to thank you for taking the time to learn more about our school district and potentially applying for one of our open positions. It’s a great time to consider becoming part of the 27J family. We’re in the midst of a $250 million school construction bond to build several new schools and make millions of dollars in renovations and upgrades to existing schools. Academically, we continue to reap the benefits of our shared collaborative vision for how we educate students. This past year was another great indicator of our success as we continued to see our students make tremendous academic strides. Please take the time to find out more about what makes our school district special and how you can be a part of our success story.
- Dr. Chris Fiedler
Superintendent, 27J Schools
27J Schools' Mission & Vision
The mission of 27J Schools, with the support of the family and community, is to ensure that ALL students have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for present and future competence and success.
At 27J Schools, we believe that:
All Students Can Learn
- ALL students can be expected to master essential skills that will lead to a demonstrated proficiency in those areas necessary to become contributing, productive, and cooperative members of our society.
- ALL students can be expected to develop attitudes of adaptability, a positive work ethic, personal characteristics of caring for self and others, self-discipline, honesty, integrity, and a commitment to lifelong learning.
Success Breeds Success
- Students learn at different rates using various styles. It is more important that a student learns than when the student learns.
- Teachers will be sensitive to each student’s cultural background and unique needs and capitalize on diversity to provide an enriched learning environment. Opportunities for success will be provided through appropriate learning experiences.
- Holding high, realistic expectations for achievement in all students is critical. Opportunities for success will be provided through appropriate learning experiences.
- Recognizing demonstrated mastery in ALL students leads to a positive self concept. Students will be encouraged to recognize, evaluate, and celebrate their learning successes.
We, with Community Support, Manage the Conditions for Success
- The combined efforts of parents, school staff, and the community in providing support and resources are essential to promote student learning.
- A safe and positive environment that is conducive to learning will be present in each school.
- Communication and involvement of staff, parents, students, and the community improve the schools.
- Success is established by designing the school structure, curriculum, instruction, and assessment around clearly-defined student outcomes.