Skip To Main Content

Popular Links

Useful Links

Vandalism: ECAC-R

  • Support Services: E
Vandalism: ECAC-R

When a case of vandalism or theft is discovered, the administrator concerned shall do the following:

  1. Immediately notify the appropriate police authorities.
  2. During normal business hours, report the incident to the chief financial officer or his or her designee.
  3. File a written property loss report as soon as possible.

The chief financial officer shall:

  1. Notify the insurance carrier of the loss.
  2. Coordinate claims adjustment.
  3. If circumstances show that district property was properly safeguarded and if sufficient funds are budgeted, make available from the insurance reserve fund the deductible amount not covered by insurance.
  4. Coordinate replacement of lost/damaged property up to the amount of insurance reimbursement and deductible payment, if appropriate.