27J Preschool 22-23 Registration Now Open: Preschool is offered at all elementary schools in 27J. It is important to fill out the 22-23 Preschool Questionnaire to see if your child qualifies for the Colorado Preschool Program or to receive a spot for the Tuition Based Preschool Program.
Parents will be notified that their child received a CPP/Tuition spot beginning in April and go throughout the summer. Parents will be emailed the online registration link to finish the required paperwork at that time.
If you are a community preschool provider and are interested in learning more about partnering with 27J Schools to offer the Colorado Preschool Program at your location, please click here for the informational letter.Preschool Office: 1850 E Egbert Street Suite G20 Brighton, CO 80601
Tuition- Based Program
Tuition-based preschool is offered on a first come, first serve basis. Your child must turn 4 years old by October 1, 2022 to participate in the tuition-based preschool. The tuition-based program is going to be tentatively offered at: Brantner Elementary, 27J Bright Beginnings Preschool, Northeast Elementary, Pennock Elementary, Padilla Elementary, Reunion Elementary, Second Creek Elementary, Southeast Elementary, Thimmig Elementary, Turnberry Elementary and West Ridge Elementary. Tuition based preschool is proposed to be $3000.00 per year, which is collected in 10 installment payments of $300.00, from August through May.
As a reminder, 27J Schools moved to a 4-day week. Preschool is Tuesday-Friday in half-day sessions.
A.M. Preschool Start: 7:50 AM End: 10:50 AM
P.M. Preschool Start: 12:30 PM End: 3:30 PM
Colorado Preschool Program - No-Cost
27J Schools values early childhood education and provides preschool at all elementary schools across the district. It is important to know that students must qualify for the Colorado Preschool Program. Priority is given to students who turn 4 years old by October 1, 2022. All 4-year-old students must meet at least one (1) of the qualifying risk factors. All qualifying 3 year olds will be placed on a wait list and enrolled if space is available. Students must turn 3 years old by August 15, 2022 to be eligible for placement and must have three (3) separate risk factors.
Eligible and accepted children will attend at no cost to the family. Classes are 4 days per week, 3 hours per day on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (no class on Monday). Transportation is available for those families who attend their home school and families may incur a monthly transportation fee.
In order to qualify, students must live within 27J boundary lines. Students with no identifiable risk factors will not be considered for CPP.
Families will be notified as to whether their child qualifies for the Colorado Preschool Program starting in April and going throughout summer 22-23 Preschool Questionnaire.
Qualifying risk factors for CPP
**Student's who do not meet the criteria for CPP are not eligible for this program. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this policy**
- The child is eligible to receive free or reduced-cost lunch pursuant to the provisions of the Federal "National School Lunch Act"
- Homelessness of the child's family
- An abusive adult residing in the home of the child
- Drug or alcohol abuse in the child's family
- Either parent of the child was less than 18 years of age and unmarried at the time of the birth of the child
- The child's parent or guardian has not successfully completed a high school education or its equivalent
- Frequent relocation of the child's family to new residences
- Poor social skills of the child (per a formal evaluation)
- Child is in need of language development, including but not limited to the ability to speak English
- Children are automatically eligible if they are guardians of the state by the State Department of Social Services as a neglected or dependent child
- Child birth weight was 4 pounds or less
- Child has experienced significant medical problems