Seniors Class of 2022!
Below is a list of general resources to guide you this year! Your counselor will review most of these during your senior 1x1 meeting as well.
For questions surrounding graduation info and or senior events, you can reach out to:
Neil Ramirez Senior Class Sponsor/Student Council Teacher/Sponsor
Michael Burke PVHS Principal
Interested in the Military? We will be offering the ASVAB test on Nov 2nd!. Sign up link below:
3. Take the ACT/SAT:
- You can still apply to colleges before tests are taken or retaken. www.collegeboard.com
SAT is offering free SAT practice testing: FREE SAT PRACTICE TESTS!
4. Log into Naviance: Below is the link to the login page. Click on the blue "Sign in with Clever" and you can login using your 27J google information.
-Username: student ID # Password: 1st name-1st initial, last name-1st initial, 6 digit date of birth
-Use the Clever icon to log on if you are on your Chromebook.
5. Using Naviance, spend time investigating colleges and universities by using functions like SuperMatch.
- Gather information to compare your choices.
6. Decide which schools are a good FIT and apply.
- For schools on Common Application- go to commonapp.org, register and complete entire application
- Waive the FERPA, under the Colleges tab (discuss with a counselor or research this if you would like!).
- You can only submit your common application to a particular college once!
- For schools not on Common App, go to university/college website and complete the online application
Pay application fee with credit card OR if in state apply on October 13th - all applications are FREE!
- CHECK UNIVERSITIES’ WEBSITES FOR ALL COLLEGE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS/DEADLINES
*If required, it is your responsibility to bring me any COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION FORMS
7. Adding Colleges you are applying to via Naviance and Matching Naviance with Common App:
- Make sure you waive your FERPA right on the Common App before you match your account with Naviance.
8. Request a teacher letter of recommendation (if needed) via Naviance:
-If required, ask a CORE classroom teacher personally for a letter of recommendation. Give him/her a Brag Sheet and
write a thank you note. Provide plenty of advanced notice prior to the deadline.
9. Look up Scholarship information.
- Search Naviance, www.fastweb.com, brightonco.gov/1034/scholarships, and make sure you are signed up for the REMIND (see #1) to receive info on all local scholarships that become available.
REMIND INFO coming to you during adviory classes.
10. Financial Aid Help:
-Helpful websites: www.fafsa.ed.gov/ & www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov/
- More virtual conferences are to come! Keep an eye out for information!
11. Military and Workforce options
- Take ASVAB and talk to recruiter Military.com
- Certificate program options FRCC
- Certification/technical/vocational training resource: Programs that lead to high paying jobs, CLICK HERE!
- APPRENTICESHIPS are IN-Demand! Click on the link to learn more! Apprenticeship Fact Sheet!
12. Community Service
- You need 5 hours of community service for each year you have attended PVHS
- Community Service Form
13. POST-SECONDARY PLANNING RESOURCES:
- UPDATES on college admissions after COVOID:
- Senior Year timeline resource:
14. Don't want to enroll in a four year college, no problem check out these resources:
- Colorado Apprenticeship opportunities after graduation:
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Certicate programs through Front Range Community College:
- Certificate program options FRCC
- Certification/technical/vocational training resource:
- Programs that lead to high paying jobs, CLICK HERE!