27J Bond Construction Blog
Thank you to Brighton High School graduates in 1940s & 1950sPosted by Tonja Castaneda at 9/18/2017 11:00:00 AM
Several Brighton High School graduates from the 1940s and 1950s attended the Sept. 12 ceremony to rededicate the Brighton Heritage Academy school.
The building served as Brighton High School from 1926 through 1955, and many graduates came to the ceremony to re-visit their old high school and to share memories of what school was like when they attended high school in the building.
Thank you to the following Brighton High School graduates who were in attendance:
Class of 1943: Helen Schwab
Class of 1945: Shirley Fagan, Eileen Wall Meehl and Fran Walters King
Class of 1946: Millie Thaden and Richard Butz
Class of 1947: Ruth Rosenbrock
Class of 1948: Mary Sewell
Class of 1949: Darlene Rowe, Muriel Miller, Linda Rocha Shoen and Richard Horth
Class of 1950: LaVeda Smith Sears, Betty Munger Bullard and Stan and Delores Ward
Class of 1951: Ed Harshbarger, Leo Avery, Bill Egan, Stanley Scott and Masaru Katayawa
Class of 1952: Joe Masters
Class of 1953: Joyce Bredehoft Harshbarger and Herb Masters
Class of 1954: Sandy Kraft
Class of 1955: Fred Peterson, Jim Reasoner, Cleo VanDerWege Linstrom and Joyce MacIntosh
Heritage Academy & former Brighton High Building Officially RededicatedPosted by Tonja Castaneda at 9/13/2017 8:00:00 AM
27J Board of Education Vice President Roberta Thimmig presented the history of the building before it was officially rededicated. 2015 Bond funding has allowed the School District to renovate the school from the top with a new roof to the bottom with two new boilers for heat put in the basement, and classroom renovations throughout the school.
27J Senior Project Manager Caleb McNeil presents an appreciation plaque to the Colorado Department of Education BEST Grant representative Cheryl Honigsberg (right) and Margi Ammon, who actually attended school in this building.
School District 27J officially rededicated a school that has been educating students since 1927. The Brighton Heritage Academy building, located at 830 E. Bridge St. in Brighton, was rededicated to celebrate 90 years of education in that building.
Current Heritage Academy students and former Brighton High graduates from as early as 1943 were in attendance to rededicate the school building together. They cut the ribbon to open the school to tours after the ceremony.
The Building Rededication Ceremony was on Sept. 12 and more than 100 people attended. This school building was built as Brighton High School in 1926, served as North Junior High School from 1955-1984, and opened as Brighton Heritage Academy in 1994.
Prairie View High School Tennis Courts being re-paintedPosted by Tonja Castaneda at 9/7/2017 10:00:00 AM
Crews are repainting the tennis courts at Prairie View High School this week. The project work has included the tennis courts being sand blasted, then putting down a surface finish to repair cracks and putting on a new surface top coat.
This week, crews are repainting the tennis courts, re-striping the courts and putting up new nets. This project is funded through the 2015 School Construction Bond.
Crews painting Prairie View High School tennis courtsPosted by Tonja Castaneda at 9/7/2017 10:00:00 AM
Building Rededication Ceremony Sept. 12 at Brighton Heritage AcademyPosted by Tonja Castaneda at 9/7/2017 8:00:00 AM
The community is invited to attend a Building Rededication Ceremony at Brighton Heritage Academy on Sept. 12. A reception with refreshments will be in the Heritage Academy auditorium after the ceremony. This event is held in conjunction with Brighton Heritage Academy Parent Teacher Conferences.
The ceremony celebrates 90 years of educating students in this school building. The building was opened in 1926 as Brighton High School and had its first graduating class in 1927 with 27 graduates. The building served as North Junior High School starting in the 1950s.
Vikan Middle School unveils additions and renovationsPosted by Mikel Philippi at 8/25/2017 1:10:00 PM
Take a quick spin through Vikan Middle School's new additions!
In addition to the new entrance vestibule, six classroom wing, and roof, the 2015 Bond also provided for significant renovations to Vikan's electrical, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems; the expansion of four classrooms, and replacement of the school's water and sewer lines.