- Pennock Elementary
Updated Vaccine Opportunities for Children 12+
This message is being sent on behalf of Children's Hospital Colorado. This information is being shared as a public service to 27J students above the age of 12 and their families.
Children’s Colorado has transitioned its vaccination clinic to serve our broader community of kids and families.
Children’s Colorado’s web portal for signing up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is now live. All Coloradans ages 12 or older are eligible to sign up. Instructions for families about getting a COVID vaccine at Children’s Hospital Colorado can be found on our website here.
CHCO Vaccine Clinic is Pfizer-only
We have transitioned our vaccine clinic to solely offer the Pfizer vaccine. This has been intentionally done, in partnership with the State of Colorado, because the Pfizer vaccine has recently received FDA EUA approval for children at least 12 years old.
Vaccination Appointment Process
- Sign up using the web portal. This will enable Children’s Colorado to contact you to schedule your appointment.
- Make your appointment. The web portal will automatically invite you to make your first vaccine appointment as slots become available.
- Follow up. Once you receive your first dose, the system will automatically schedule your appointment for the second dose. The second appointment will be at the same time 21 days later. (This is based on the timeframes outlined in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization.)
- Age Requirement. Children registered must be 12 years or older on the day they sign up using the web portal.
Things to Remember
- Please be courteous: If you find and take an appointment somewhere else, remember to call and cancel any appointments you may have made at Children’s Colorado.
- All individuals under the age of 18 receiving a vaccine during Phase 2 must have exactly one parent or legally authorized guardian present with them to sign a physical consent form at both the first and second dose appointments.
- Children’s Hospital Colorado Patients ages 12 and older who are already on MyChart will continue receiving invitations to schedule their vaccine appointments through MyChart. Community members who aren't on MyChart will get a text message to sign up for a vaccine through the web portal.
- Invitations expire after 72 hours. Registered individuals who do not schedule their appointment within 72 hours of receiving an invitation will need to re-register using the web portal.
- Questions regarding scheduling a COVID vaccine appointment can be directed to the Children’s Colorado COVID vaccine hotline, 720-777-8889.
Students and families with questions about receiving the vaccine at Children’s Colorado may be directed to the following FAQs for patient families.