Many student Chromebooks may need to have an update run on them before school starts. Please, have your student log into his/her Chromebook and follow the instructions below to ensure the Chromebook is up-to-date and ready to assist your student in learning.
Instructions to update a Chromebook:
1. Log into the Chromebook
2. Open Google Chrome
3. In upper right corner click on the 3 dots, then click on settings
4. In settings menu click on "About Chrome"
5. Then click on the go to Chrome OS settings
6. A page will pop up that says "Check for updates", click check for updates
7. Chromebook will run an update, then click the restart option to finish.
8. Chromebook should be on Version 84.0. If it is on a lower version, repeat update procedure until the correct version is shown. This may take 2 or 3 updates.
Thank you for helping your student be prepared to learn!