27J Schools: Where Amazing Work Happens
Are you passionate about creating caring, diverse and engaging classrooms? Do you want to provide clean, healthy, and safe environments for students to learn in?
We have the right school jobs for you. 27J Schools is hiring teachers, principals, bus drivers, custodians, nutrition workers, childcare staff and more to help our students continue to improve and succeed.
With schools near Denver in Brighton, Thornton, and Commerce City (map), 27J Schools is home to the four-day school week. 27J serves more than 20,000 students in 23 schools. What’s the best part of working in 27J Schools? The people around you. We are a highly engaged group of professionals who treat each other with kindness and respect. New and veteran employees commonly point to the district and school culture and climate as being the best part of working for 27J Schools. Our team is full of professionals like you who are committed to supporting each other’s success.
27J Schools continues to be among the fastest-growing Denver metro school districts. Every year, we welcome around 1,000 new students to our schools. Our district is a popular choice for families and employees alike to lay down roots and raise their families. Those looking for education careers near Denver are excited to learn 27J operates on the metro’s only four-day school week. And, all employees participate in Colorado's PERA retirement system.
As one of the state’s fastest-growing school districts, we are a school district hiring dedicated teachers for all levels. View our current opportunities for elementary school, special education, and middle/high school opportunities, and come work as an educator in 27J.
In 2021, voters of 27J expressed their support of their schools by investing $515 million into building new schools, refurbishing existing schools, enhancing and building new playgrounds and athletic facilities, and updating technology for all district schools.
As an educator in 27J Schools, you’ll be integral to academic programs and opportunities that support a diverse population with interests in:
- Hands-on, experiential learning
- Industry-specific training in which students can earn skills and industry certification leading to good paying jobs right out of high school
- High-quality instruction for culturally and linguistically diverse students
- Preschools integrating play with learning that seamlessly transitions students into kindergarten
- Concurrent enrollment in high school courses earning college credits at no cost to students
- New, state-of-the-art STEM/Career and Technical Education centers at every high school
- Cutting-edge, career-skills courses like biomedical science, business, nursing, culinary arts, automotive, graphic design, building construction and trades, cybersecurity, and more
- Outdoor learning, exploring and discovery
- Gifted and talented school-within-a-school tailored to highly academically motivated students in kindergarten through 12th grade
- Award-winning fine and performing arts programs at all grade levels
- Full-time online learning at a dedicated online academy
- Flexible and customized learning pathways for high school students